Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Assessments

I've posted before about how I plan on diving into standards based grading next year.  I'm beyond excited about this!  And the more prep I do, the more excited I'm getting.  What's really got me jazzed right now is the assessment component of SBG.  Maybe it's just end of year delirium, but I'm actually looking forward to creating assessments.  I really want to make formative assessment work for me and my students next year, so I've been busy scouring blogs and Pinterest for exit ticket and quick "check for understanding" ideas that I can use in my classes.  And I'm excited about trying to create summative assessments that really capture the essence of a standard, that will give me meaningful insight to what a student does (or doesn't) get about the standard.  But at the same time, I'm freaking out over creating these assessments!  What if I don't do a good job creating questions?  Enter the newest member of the mathtwitterblogosphere, the Better Assessments blog.  Head on over and check it out.  And post an assessment while you're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment